Goals & Objectives
2022-23 School Board/Superintendent Goals and Objectives
The Shoreline School District Board of Directors approved the following goals and objectives at the August 2, 2022, School Board meeting. They were first discussed during a July 19, 2022, School Board study session.
- Accurate reflection of our budget
- Right size with community input, which will take place over the course of the year.
- To the extent possible, maintain momentum on current priorities within the budget parameters
- Develop a plan to restore General Fund balance and determine fund balance target
- Provide a clear perspective on how budget recommendations and decisions impact our current work.
- Focus on legislative advocacy and early submittal of budget requests
Continue to plan for this critical work and explore other funding possibilities to cover the cost
Establish the student advisory committee
The Superintendent will select two or three of the components of the resolution to focus efforts on and report progress to the Board during the 2022-23 school year.
Focus on: Tribal relationships, STI training, maintain momentum to the extent possible given limited resources, continue integration in K-12 and in particular 4th grade US History and grades 6-12 social studies and history