Allergies & Special Diets
Food Allergen Information
We are sensitive to the various nutritional needs of our students. If your student has an allergy to any food, please contact your school nurse as soon as possible.
The top 8 allergens (soy, wheat, milk, peanut, tree nut, egg, fish, shellfish) are flagged on breakfast and lunch menus. While there are many more ingredients that can cause allergic reactions, the top 8 are the only allergens required on nutrition labels. All allergen information is taken directly from manufacturer’s labels and databases and is subject to change without notice. Shoreline School District does not guarantee the information and provides it solely for your convenience.
The Food and Nutrition Services Department does everything we can to accommodate special dietary needs, however, the safest meals are those brought from home. The special dietary accommodation procedure can be found below. Please contact your school nurse to submit a request.
Food Allergy Procedures and Forms
- Accommodating Special Dietary Needs Procedure: English -- Spanish -- Amharic -- Chinese -- Korean -- Tigrinya
- Request for Special Dietary Accommodation Form: English -- Spanish -- Amharic -- Chinese -- Korean -- Tigrinya
- Food Allergy-Parent/Guardian and Student Responsibility: English -- Spanish -- Amharic -- Chinese -- Korean -- Tigrinya
- Flowchart of Special Diet and Allergy Procedures
- Special Diet Accommodation Determination Sheet
Vegetarian meals are available daily, no need to fill out any forms.
Halal foods served at Shoreline Schools can be reviewed on the Halal Foods List.