For the 2023-2024 school year, we are offering care at these elementary schools: Briarcrest, Brookside, Highland Terrace, Meridian Park, and Ridgecrest.
Before-school care begins at 7:00 am. After-school care ends at 6:00 pm.
2023-24 New Families Interest Form
The elementary extended care interest form for the 2023-2024 school year is now available.
Program Tuition and Fees
Before-School Care Only
After-School Care Only*
Before- and After-School Care*
- Annual Registration Fee: $100 per child
- Annual Material Fee: $100 per child
*Includes early release Wednesdays and half days (if staffing is available)
2023-24 Enrollment Timeline
May 12: Program hours, rates, and interest forms available
May 17: Interest form closes for currently enrolled students and siblings
May 17: Currently enrolled students and siblings notified via email with the offer of enrollment or information about our waitlist
May 19-26: Currently enrolled students and siblings online enrollment via JotForm
May 30: Interest form for new families closes
May 31: Lotteries completed for new families
May 31: New families notified via email with the offer of enrollment or information about our waitlist
June 1-7: New families online enrollment Via JotForm
June 23: Registration fees due for new families
June 30: Returning families have enrollment fees withdrawn via current auto-withdrawal account on file
Paying Your Extended Care Bill
Monthly tuition is collected via auto-withdrawal from a checking or saving account. Auto-withdrawal forms are collected at the time of program registration.
Invoices are sent monthly via email from firstname.lastname@example.org. Please check your spam or junk folder if an invoice does not appear in your email inbox.
- Is extended childcare guaranteed for all elementary Shoreline School District families?
- What does priority enrollment mean?
- Who is considered a returning student?
- My child was placed on the waitlist for the 2022-2023 school year, but there was never an available spot for them. Do we retain our spot on the waitlist or do we have priority to enroll for the 2023-2024 school year?
- Can my student attend an extended care program at another elementary school?
- I have children who attended in previous years but were not enrolled for this school year. Do we have priority enrollment?
- When will I be contacted regarding a spot for my child if we are on the wailist?
- Do you offer discounts for siblings?
- Our family only needs care for some of the days each week. Is there a partial-week option?
- Is after-school care provided during conference weeks?
- If my child is sick or we go on vacation can I get credited for the days we miss?
- Are there any non-refundable fees?
- My child has been placed in another school, but a spot for them could open up for them at our neighborhood school. If my child is registered for extended care at the other school, are we guaranteed our extended care spot at our neighborhood school?
- My child is a kindergartener and has been placed at another district school for the current year. Are we guaranteed a spot at our neighborhood school extended care program for the following school year?
- If I have a younger child who has been enrolled at the Edwin Pratt Early Learning Center, do they and their siblings have returning student priority in the extended care program?
- What food is provided at extended care?
Other Extended Care Options
- The Dale Turner YMCA currently offers extended care at some Shoreline elementary schools through their Before & After-School Enrichment (BASE) Program. Find more information about YMCA extended care
YMCA childcare is run independent of the Shoreline School District Extended Care Program. Program availability, interest lists, hours, rates, and schools served are managed by the YMCA, not by Shoreline Schools. For questions about the YMCA program, please contact the Dale Turner YMCA directly: 206-363-0446
- ChildCare Aware, Washington State's online childcare search.