Every school and facility in our District must have an emergency operations plan (EOP) that utilizes the Incident Command System (ICS). This manual equips our buildings with an EOP template, ICS job descriptions, emergency procedures, emergency contact numbers, forms and checklists, and a guide to drills and drill procedures to complete an emergency operations plan.
The objective is to become more effective in mitigating, preventing, preparing, responding, and recovering from emergencies and disasters; and to be better partners with local emergency response efforts in saving lives, protecting school property, and preserving the environment.
If you need information from these pages in another language, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Emergency Preparedness Documentation
The emergency preparedness / crisis response section of all emergency preparedness manuals contains the procedures for all emergencies and disasters. For quicker, more concise guidance, teachers and staff within school buildings and facilities may refer to the Emergency Flip Charts hanging on the walls in classrooms and offices.
This section provides procedures for:
- Bomb or Suspicious Device
- Civil Disturbance/Hostile Acts
- Field Trip Emergency
- Fire or Fire Alarm
- Hazardous Material Spill (Off-Site)
- Hazardous Material Spill (On-Site)
- Lock Out
- Lock Down
- Medical Emergency
- Multiple Casualty Incident
- Parent-Student Reunification
- Power Outage/Utility Disruption
- School Bus Accident
- Vehicle Accident (Other than School Bus)
- Weather-Related Incident
- Key Evacuation Considerations for Students with Disabilities & Other Special Needs